Singapore International School @ Can Tho grants 20 Talent Scholarships on School Fees for entire study duration for students in public and private schools in Can Tho City.
Students must maintain excellent academic results, follow the Rules, Regulations and Conduct of the School, and proactively join in social activities and/or competitions within the school system.
Students who will be entering Year 4 to Year 7 in School year 2019 – 2020; currently studying at public, private schools in Can Tho City.
2. How To Apply
Application form and other compulsory documents must be sent to Singapore International School @ Can Tho
Address: Nguyen Van Cu Street, An Binh Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City
Phone number: (84-292) 730 9988 Email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission: 12 April 2019
3. Scholarship Scheme
20 Scholarships for students for entire study duration at SIS @ Can Tho with value as follows:
Value of Scholarship
|Year 4||Year 5||Year 6||Year 7|
4. Scholarship Criteria
– Vietnamese students who are studying in a local / private school in SY2018-2019; will enter into Year 4, Year 5, Year 6 and Year 7 Integrated Programme in SIS @ Can Tho in School Year 2019 – 2020;
– Children of employees of KinderWorld Group and its subsidiaries are not eligible;
– Existing students of SIS @ Can Tho or any other SIS are not eligible;
Academic requirements for students entering into Year 4 to Year 6:
- All periodical tests must be from 8/10 for School Year 2017-2018 and semester 1 of School Year 2018-2019
Academic requirements for students entering into Year 7:
- Academic Record: Excellent (Học lực Giỏi) for School Year 2017-2018 and semester 1 of School Year 2018-2019
- Behaviour Record: Good (Hạnh kiểm Tốt) for School Year 2017-2018
5. Scholarship process
5.1 Must meet all criteria and submit required documents to School Office before due date.
– Required documents:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Parents ID (certified copy)
Academic transcripts for School Year 2017-2018 and semester 1 of School Year 2018-2019 (certified copy)
– Additional documents (certified copy):
- Certificate of Foreign Language, talent achievements, scholarships, etc
– Candidates who meet the criteria and have additional documents will be selected for Round 1.
5.2 Round 1 – English Test
- Written English Test for 120 minutes (Listening, Reading, Writing and Grammar)
- Top 10 students of each level (of which test results are highest but not lower than 70%) will be selected for Round 2
5.3 Round 2 – Interviews
- Face-to-Face Interview in English with members of School Academic Board (Principal)
- A scorecard will be used to identify top 5 students of each level based on Round 1 and Round 2 results
6. Complete enrolment procedures
– Students must sign Letter of Offer by 17 May 2019. Registration Fees and School Fees payment (if any) must be made by 31 May 2019.
– If students do not enroll by above mentioned timeline, the scholarship results will be canceled.
7. Scholarship Terms and Conditions
7.1 Scholarship for Integrated Programme in SIS @ Can Tho only and is not applicable in other Singapore International Schools in other locations.
7.2 Only names of successful candidates will be announced. Test results will not be released. Award of scholarships is at the discretion of the Company and results are final and will not open for further consideration.
7.3 Scholarships are non-transferrable and cannot be converted into cash.
7.4 Scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with other Preferential Rates applied in SIS @ Can Tho.
7.5 Registration Fee and Deposit are not covered under the Scholarship programme.
7.6 All Other Fees, such as Uniforms, Textbooks, Insurance, Meals and any other Miscellaneous Expenses that may have to be incurred during the school year and which are not outlined in the Fees Structure, for example, outdoor activities, miscellaneous equipment, etc are not covered under the Scholarship Programme.
7.7 All School Fees (if applicable) and Other Fees for coming school years must be paid on due date. Scholarship will be withdrawn without any due notice in the event that School Fees (if applicable) and Other Fees are paid later than stipulated due date.
7.8 Students are expected to always be on exemplary behavior, be attired in the correct school attire and to follow the Rules, Regulations and Conduct of the School. Students are also expected to contribute to school activities and events. Failing which, the Scholarship will be withdrawn.
7.9 The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the School, the Scholarship student’s behaviour has been found to be undesirable and is detrimental to the well-being of the school and other students.
7.10 Scholarships will be reviewed at the end of each School Year, subject to the following conditions:
7.10.1 Scholarship students must maintain excellent academic results in both the Vietnamese and English Programme for each school year:
Value of Scholarship
For International programme subjects, GPA records must reach the minimum of
For Vietnamese programme
|Academic records must be Excellent and Behaviour records must be Good.|
7.10.2 A semester’s written notice will be given to improve grade if the Scholarship student fails to maintain the minimum grade as required. Failing which, the Scholarship will be withdrawn.
7.10.3 Scholarship students should proactively join in social activities and/or competitions within the school system/ District/ City/ Nation.
7.11 Scholarship students must study continuously in Singapore International school @ Can Tho from the effective date of the scholarship grant. The Scholarship will be withdrawn immediately should the scholarship student withdraws or defers his/her study at SIS @ Can Tho.
7.12 The School reserves the right to vary or reverse any decision regarding admission or registration made on the basis of incorrect information submitted by parents.
Please click here for download the register form.